STEPS TO FOLLOW TO JOIN SAHC.
1. Complete the online application form and submit or print and mail to SAHC.
2. You will receive an e-mail stating that your membership application has been received. Please read the entire e-mail as it informs you as to application process.
3. Once SAHC has received confirmation of your payment the Membership Secretary will process your application and the Webmaster will create an account for new members.
4. You will then receive an e-mail from the Membership Secretary, John Yau, telling you that once your account has been set up by our Webmaster, click on the "Member Info" link to login. You will log in with your email address and member number as your password. Also to download an eBulletin, click the "SAHC eBulletins" link. You will now be able to view current hikes and all other SAHC information for members on the website.
5. This process will take a few days (considerably longer if your application is mailed to SAHC).
This membership application is for online payment only, if you are mailing in your payment please do not use this application unless you print it out and mail it with your payment.
SAHC dues for the year Oct. 1, 2018 to Sep. 30, 2019
$40.00 for a Primary (A) member who elects to receive the printed version or $25.00 for a Primary (A) member who elects to receive the electronic PDF version of The Bulletin. Members who choose this option are responsible for downloading the electronic issue from the club website each month.
$15.00 for non-Primary (B, C, D, etc) members.
$10.00 for one Primary (A) and one non-Primary (B) Temporary Visitor Membership. * Fill out the Primary (A) and Additional Temporary (B) name if needed, the Primary Email, and the Visiting Start and Stop Dates.
Any “A” member who wishes to switch from a PDF Bulletin to a printed Bulletin may do so at any time by paying the extra $15.00.
If you need to make an additional payment to correct an insufficient payment already made you may go to this link and proceed without resubmitting the membership form.
Please allow 24 - 48 hours to process.
Member Application and Acknowledgment of Responsibility, Express Assumption of Risk, and Release of Liability
- I understand that during my membership in the Southern Arizona Hiking Club and during participation in any club Activity, I may be exposed to a variety of hazards and risks, foreseen or unforeseen, which are inherent in each Activity and cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of the Activity. These inherent risks include, but are not limited to, the dangers of serious personal injury, property damage, and death (“Injuries and Damages”) from exposure to the hazards of travel, and the Southern Arizona Hiking Club has not tried to contradict or minimize my understanding of these risks. I know that Injuries and Damages can occur by natural causes or activities of other persons, animals, club members, guides and assistants or third parties, either as a result of negligence or because of other reasons. I understand that risks of such Injuries and Damages are involved in adventure travel such as Southern Arizona Hiking Club Activities and I appreciate that I may have to exercise extra care for my own person and for others around me in the face of such hazards. I further understand that there may not be rescue or medical persons, facilities, or expertise necessary to deal with the Injuries and Damages to which I may be exposed on any Activity.
In consideration for my acceptance as a member in the Club and as a participant in any Club Activity, I confirm my understanding that:
- I have read any rules and conditions applicable to the Activities made available to me; I will pay any costs and fees for the Activities; and I acknowledge my participation is at my own discretion and the discretion of the Guide(s).
- The Activities officially begin and end at the location(s) designated by the Southern Arizona Hiking Club. The Activities may include carpooling, transportation, or private transit to and from the Activity, and I am personally responsible for all risks associated with this travel.
- This Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law. If any provision or any part of any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or legally unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby and shall remain valid and fully enforceable.
- To the fullest extent allowed by law, I agree to WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY the Southern Arizona Hiking Club, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and leaders from any and all liability on account of, or in any way resulting from Injuries and Damages, even if caused by negligence of the Southern Arizona Hiking Club, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and leaders, in any way connected with this Activity. I further agree to HOLD HARMLESS the Southern Arizona Hiking Club, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and leaders from any claims, damages, injuries or losses caused by my own negligence while a member of the club or a participant in any Activity. I understand and intend that this assumption of risk and release is binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, and includes any minors accompanying me.
- I have read this document in its entirety and I freely and voluntarily assume all risks of such Injuries and Damages and notwithstanding such risks, I agree to membership in the Southern Arizona Hiking Club and may participate in any Club Activity.