SAHC Membership and Bulletin Circulation Information
Membership in Southern Arizona Hiking Club is open to all persons interested in hiking, and willing to abide by the Code of Conduct below.
Dues for primary members who wish to receive a printed copy of The Bulletin mailed to your address each month are $40 per year. Dues for primary members who wish to receive just the electronic issue of The Bulletin are $25 per year. Members are responsible for downloading the electronic issue from the club website each month. Dues for each additional family member are $15 per year. The membership year runs from October 1 through September 30. For those new members who join after July 1, membership will not expire until September 30 of the following year.
Temporary Members: a one-month Temporary Membership is available for out-of-town visitors or others who wish to hike with the Southern Arizona Hiking Club for a limited time. Temporary Membership dues are $10.00, payable online only through the online application. Temporary Membership will apply to one primary and one additional member only. The Temporary Member will be issued a member number, and will receive a digital copy of one Bulletin, which will be emailed to the Temporary Member and which will cover their visit to Tucson. An additional copy of The Bulletin may be sent at the discretion of the Club or when specific circumstances warrant.
Renewals: There will be a Renewal form in your September Bulletin. All memberships expire on September 30 each year and must be renewed prior to October 31 or your membership will lapse and you will no longer receive the bulletin. An exception will be allowed for new members who join after July 1. Their membership will not expire until September 30 the following year. Check your mailing label for your expiration date.
The Bulletin is a monthly publication of the SAHC. Each bulletin covers a monthly hiking period which begins on the Saturday following the third Tuesday of the month. Bulletins will arrive by mail approximately one week earlier.
Late Bulletin: If your printed Bulletin does not arrive by the Saturday following the third Tuesday of the month, call the SAHC Membership Secretary at 312-5348 or send an email to email@example.com. You may also download an electronic version of The Bulletin from the SAHC website, if you have an account.
Address change: Undeliverable Bulletins will not be forwarded, and delivery will be stopped until you send the club a change of address notification in writing. Notification must be received by the 1st of the month, or that months Bulletin will not go to your new address.
Other Changes: Any other change to your membership record (such as phone, name, family members, directory listing, etc.,) must be in writing or by e-mail. No changes to membership records will be accepted via telephone.
Code Of Conduct
I want to preserve the outdoors for the full enjoyment of others, and I will:
- Respect all public and private property.
- Leave all gates as found unless signed otherwise.
- Build fires in a safe place and make sure they are put out before leaving.
- Carry out my litter, including apple cores, banana skins, and orange peels.
- On a trail hike, stay on trail and not cut switchbacks.
- Preserve wildlife and not contaminate any water supply.
- Conduct myself in such a manner as not to impair the safety, health or enjoyment of others and myself.
- Accept the leadership and instructions of the guide.
- Bring no pets or firearms.
- Not participate in any outing which is beyond my physical capability.
- Bring food, water, clothing and equipment which is appropriate for each outing.
- Leave no one behind by always waiting for the hiker behind me at all trail junctions, water crossings, snow and other difficult sections of the hike.
SAHC Membership Applications