The SAHC webmaster has resigned. We thank him for his many years of service. Please bear with us while we transition to a new webmaster.
SAHC member Sara Shifrin is the new board member serving as Nominations person.
Hello trail volunteers!
It’s that time again; time for another trail work day at Painted Hills that is! The upcoming event will be on Saturday, December 15 from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. If we have a strong turnout like we did last volunteer event, we’ll be able to finish the remaining trail we have cut in thus far, so come on out if you can make it! No experience required and tools will be provided.
What you’ll need:
- Plenty of water and snacks
- A backpack or bag to carry all your personal items out on the trail. It is roughly a 1 mile hike to the work site and we won’t return to the vehicles until the end of the work event.
- Sun protection: hat, sunscreen, sunglasses (long sleeves / long pants optional)
- Sturdy closed toed shoes (boots recommended)
- Work gloves (extra work gloves and sunglasses will be available if needed)
Location: The Painted Hills Trailhead (on the north side of Anklam Rd., approximately 0.3 miles west of Players Club Dr.)
3590 W. Anklam Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85745
Google Map pin drop: https://goo.gl/maps/4kuLG87koUt
NEW SAHC PRESIDENT
Gail Kamaras was selected as the new president of SAHC on November 20, 2018, at a special meeting of the SAHC Board of Directors. Gail fills a vacancy created by the resignation of Bob Cardell.
The distinction between eHikes and Current hikes has been eliminated, all SAHC hikes are now Current Hikes. The Hike Schedule Form and the Hike Results form reflect this change. There is no longer a checkbox for eHikes available, please do not include eHike in your hike title.