Hello trail volunteers!
Pima County is excited to be breaking ground with brand-new trail at the scenic Painted Hills property! Located just north of Tucson Mountain Park, this beautiful 289 acres of protected Sonoran Desert will offer outstanding recreational opportunities for the Tucson community. Please join us for a morning of trail building on Saturday, October 27 from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm to complete the first of a series of trails that will snake their way through the Saguaro-studded hills of this beautiful open space. No experience required and tools will be provided.
What you’ll need:
- Plenty of water and snacks
- A backpack or bag to carry all your personal items out on the trail. We won’t return to the vehicles until the end of the work event.
- Sun protection: hat, sunscreen, sunglasses (long sleeves / long pants optional)
- Sturdy closed toed shoes (boots recommended)
- Work gloves (extra work gloves and sunglasses will be available if needed)
Location: The Painted Hills Trailhead (on the north side of Anklam Rd., approximately 0.3 miles west of Players Club Dr.)
3590 W. Anklam Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85745
Google Map pin drop: https://goo.gl/maps/4kuLG87koUt
PLEASE RSVP if you plan to attend.
If you know of anyone else who might be interested in this event, please share this information with them. If you have any questions for me, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Thank you and I hope to see you there!
Trails Coordinator - Pima County
Natural Resources, Parks & Recreation